Saturday, November 25, 2017

Planning a hysterectomy

I had a doctor appointment the other day to meet the surgeon to as my ex put it "yank that ute". After looking at various techniques and the related recovery times, I've opted for DaVinci robotic assisted surgery and selected someone that has considerable experience with the procedure. I experienced for the first time being in women's space, without being a woman. I walked into the medical waiting room dressed in my black hoody and jeans, with my scruffy unshaved face , (because I had just gotten up), and was met with uncomfortable stares. This was a bit different than my experiences at the plastic surgeon's office where about half of the patients in the waiting room were transguys. So I take it not as many people get hysterectomies... Anyway, there was the typical "What's your name?" moment that I have learned to loath followed by the "My legal name is this..My REAL name is Hawthorne. Please call me Hawthorne". They seemed to roll with it without too much trouble. The doctor was lovely, great attitude, used the correct pronouns, bright, young, and attractive. The wait time for a surgery date will be a couple months if insurance doesn't give me any problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment