Sunday, May 14, 2017

All about scar tissue and how to deal with it

It's a month and 2 days since my top surgery. I am healing really well, but I have some concerns about the condition and extent of the scarring on my chest. There are some obvious things to avoid, like the SUN. I am aware of many Youtube videos where the transguy is relatively healed up and can't wait to take that shirt off and sunbathe. Do not do this unless you think scars are sexy. If you want your scars to be minimally visible, shun the sun! My doctor recommends an entire year out of the sun. I'm afraid of skin cancer so that probably won't be an issue for me. I am excited about wearing my suits and looking good in them :) Another thing I wanted to mention is scar treatment. I am using adhesive silicone strips to cover the scar tissue. What this does is flatten out the scar and relieve pressure from bending and stretching the scar tissue. Check out the pic from today below. As you can see, I have applied the scar strips to the front scars because I am most concerned with how they look. I haven't applied the strips anywhere else as I am almost certain to have revisions under my arms due to loose skin from weight loss.


No comments:

Post a Comment