Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Hair loss treatment with monoxidil and finasteride

 Well, it's been a few months of using a topical spray once a day and rubbing it into my scalp. What I bought was from the Hims company and apparently they have treatments for a lot of different physical issues. It's ridiculously expensive ($150/bottle), and I realize that I'm very privileged to be able to even try this stuff. I saw my doctor here in Portugal and had my T levels, liver, and kidney function checked. Everything was good, all tests nominal. I also talked with her about a prescription for something similar to what I got from Hims, and of course it's cheaper in PT. A one month supply of topical monoxidil is under $20 here.

My labs showed that my T levels are now low, lower than the normal low for males (under 400). This was what I planned for when switching to the T gel. Hopefully my hair follicles will appreciate the change!

I took a before pic, at 2 months, and at 3 months. Hims advertised that 80% of men using the product would have positive results. I'm usually in the smaller group that has crap side effects or something weird..but NOT THIS TIME :) 

I thought maybe I was biased on the results so far so I asked a number of people their opinion and the consensus is that I have more hair than I did before treatment. I'm really happy with the results so far! Here's the pics:

Before

At 2 months 

At 3 months

NOTE: Treatment with monoxidil and finasteride has to be continued to maintain the results. If I stop using the drugs, my results will regress. Also, it's not recommended to use them for more than 10 years as there are risks associated. Consult with you doctor if you have questions about what risks YOU might have.









No comments:

Post a Comment