Saturday, April 15, 2017

3 days since top surgery

It's been 3 days since my top surgery. Among the jokes from my family about how it looks like I have tomatillos attached to my new nipples, there's more about nipples.
Because my breasts were large, I had double incision chest surgery. Because of some "extra" tissue (quoting the surgeon here) between my pectoral muscles, those incisions actual join together where some special extra cutting happened to prevent me from having a fleshy "nose" in the middle of my chest. Anyway, along with those incisions, I also had my nipples removed, grafts made out of them, and then they were moved to a more natural masculine positioning. There is much explaining about how there will be loss of sensation in them, (think about if that is important to you), etc. However, what no one explained about is how there could possibly be phantom nipple sensation. I repeat, phantom nipples. Apparently I am one of the lucky folks who can still feel the old nipples in the vicinity of where they were previously located. It's not pain though. It's like it's cold outside and they are contracting. It's a particular sensation that pretty much anyone with nipples has experienced. From what I read, it could go away, it may not. It's weird.
Other than phantom nipples, which is just strange, I feel pretty good. My right drain is putting out way to much fluid for me to be super hopeful about it being removed on Monday, but it could still slow down enough. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment